Company Name: American Century Investments
City: Kansas City
The Compensation Consultant develops, designs and implements comprehensive fixed and variable total compensation strategies supporting multiple business groups including Sales. You serve as the compensation strategist to create and execute innovative plans and programs that encourage employee attraction, achievement of objectives, retention, and business performance.
- Build and implement strategic sales incentive programs guiding and collaborating with HR Business Partners and business leaders
- Ensure total compensation programs meet changing needs by assessing leading practices and aligning to business and industry strategies
- Model, recommend and implement better compensation programs that are both cost-effective and provide strong, competitive positioning and alignment with firm objectives
- Maintain current, extensive technical knowledge of compensation practices, trends and legislative/regulatory activities as they affect the sales organization and compensation policies and programs
- Analyze and present market intel on competitive compensation data to business leaders
- Develop salary structures, recommend annual merit, bonus and stock award guidelines
- Influences, communicates effectively and works creatively with business partners
- Fact based, detail oriented, and analytical
- Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Collaborative, consultative and service oriented
- Credible, knowledgeable and accessible to meet client needs
- Process oriented innovator who applies business and technological savvy and understanding
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to prioritize, plan, coordinate and follow through on assignments
- Works independently and as a member of a team
Position Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Experience: 5+ years relevant work experience. Sales compensation design experience required. Financial industry experience preferred.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree required. Advanced degree reflecting business and analytical depth preferred.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
American Century Investments believes all individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunity and advancement opportunities without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals forty years of age and older, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. ACI does not discriminate or adopt any policy that discriminates against an individual or any group of individuals on any of these bases.
American Century Investments® is a leading global asset manager focused on delivering investment results and building long-term client relationships while supporting research that can improve human health and save lives. Founded in 1958, the firm’s 1,400 employees serve financial professionals, institutions, corporations and individual investors, offering a wide range of investment strategies across a variety of investment disciplines.
We are committed to providing institutional-quality, actively managed solutions with a performance-centered mindset. Our expertise spans global equity, global value equity, disciplined equity, multi-asset strategies, global fixed income, alternatives and ETFs.
Privately controlled and independent, we focus solely on investment management. This empowers us to align our decisions with client expectations and concentrate on their long-term money management needs.
Our culture of winning behaviors exemplifies our dedication to clients every single day. Delivering investment results enables us to distribute over 40% of our dividends—more than $1.7 billion — to the Stowers Institute for Medical Research, a 500-person, non-profit basic biomedical research organization with a controlling interest in American Century Investments. Our dividend payments provide ongoing financial support for the Institute’s work of uncovering the causes, treatments and prevention of life-threatening diseases, like cancer.
Headquartered in Kansas City, Mo., we also have offices located in New York; London; Hong Kong; Frankfurt; Sydney; Los Angeles; and Mountain View, Calif. (Silicon Valley).
For more information, please visit americancentury.com.
How to Apply: